Wednesday, July 05, 2006

ALWAYS A BRIDES MAID...




There comes a point in every boy’s life where he must watch his older brother get married. Well…every boy who has an older brother. Well…every boy who has an older brother that gets married. Anyway, Saturday was my turn, and what a magical evening it was. I got to watch my older/taller/more gainfully employed brother marry a wonderful young woman, all within full reach of an open bar.


The festivities weren’t without a few minor setbacks. There were the parents who were unacquainted with the benefits of “getting directions,” or “bringing a map.” Then there was the limo driver who was unfamiliar with the complex workings of “air-conditioning” as well as “the pant zipper.” And who could forget the caterers who, in their entire three weeks in this great country, had yet to be introduced to “a keg.”


But in the hole…the night was an astounding success (and how could it not be with an open bar?). The one groomsmanly job bestowed upon me was that I was put in charge of taking the “do you have any thing to say to the bride and groom” video. Selecting me for this task would be something my older brother would soon regret. As the night got progressively…drunker, the more cleavage appeared in my video. By the end of the video, it didn’t matter who was I taping…CLEAVAGE. 400 lbs? Didn’t matter. 60 years old? Didn’t matter. My grandmother? Didn’t matter. If they had breasts, my camera was pointed down their shirt.


So good times were had by all. Congrats T.J. and Heidi. Love you guys.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just read this for the first time! I love you too! My cousin is now divorced from your date, so, it was all in vain anyway. Sorry you had to suffer.