Monday, July 17, 2006

EMPLOYED

I have some big news people. The last two months have really been draining. Living at home, going to the pool everyday, and never paying for anything can really be exhausting. But THANKFULLY this will all being coming to a screeching halt in the not-so-distant future. That’s right people. I would like to officially announce that I finally got a job.

Many of you thought it would never happen. I forgive you assholes, because frankly, I didn’t either. Up until last week, I had tried almost nothing to get a job, and I was running out of ideas. But then, it happened.

For the last week, I’ve been in New York, interviewing like a mad man. My fake-uncle/hero Shawn had me running around town, interviewing with just about anyone who would see me. By Thursday, I was beat. My feet were bruised in bloody from running around in the shoes that Shawn gave me to wear (yes, not only did Shawn and his officemates set up all my interviews, but they also gave me clothes to wear to them. Because they said I dress like a Maury Povich guest.) My back hurt, and I had sweated through my last pair of underwear. Without any promising leads, I was downtrodden.

But Shawn called and woke me up at 8:30. “What are you still doing in bed you lazy piece of shit?!” he shouted. “I have two interviews for you today, and I have a feeling about these ones. I predict you’ll have a job by the end of the day.”

So I went to the two interviews, and by the end of the day, I had not one, but two job offers.

So there it is. I'll be working at a fantastic  company that represents stylists and set designers. I start on Monday, so I’m moving up to NYC this Friday. I’m a little nervous about everything, mostly because I don’t have an apartment lined up yet. I’ll just be bouncing around, between staying with friends and house sitting until I get a place of my own. But it’s really exciting, having my first real job and moving to New York by myself. I think it’s official. Little Chrissy is all grown up.
Tear.

No comments: